We are hiring! We’re looking for an Administration Assistant to join us at YOPA.
- To be the first line of contact to York Older People’s Assembly in a friendly and professional manner via all communication channels
- To provide efficient day-to-day administrative, financial and business support for YOPA trustees
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide day to day administration of the Assembly, assisting the Chair and Executive Committee in undertaking their responsibilities.
- To act as clerk to the Executive Committee, including: take minutes and circulate these and other relevant papers; maintain complete electronic and paper files relating to the governance of YOPA; arrange meeting venues etc.
- To ensure the smooth running of the office function, including dealing with correspondence and responding to queries.
If you’re interested in joining our team, see all the details and how to apply here on our Contact page.
In our June meeting we heard from Julie Kitching from Experience Counts and how they help people to return to employment or help out with volunteering. Check out their website www.experiencecountsyork.org.uk
We are always open to suggestions for topics and or guest speakers – just send us an email.
As always – if you’d like to join our meeting please email us at email@example.com and we will send you the Zoom invite link. It is also possible to dial in using an ordinary phone line – please let us know if you want to join in that way and we will supply details.
At the previous meeting, Rachel Cruickshanks and Anne Found from TEWV Metal Health Trust talked about access to Psychological Therapies for older people. Did you know you can self refer for help? Tel. 01904 556840 or check www.yorkandselbyiapt.co.uk
Our Spring Newsletter has been distributed – please contact us if you would like a hard copy or if you can pass some on to friends. The electronic version is available on the Newsletters page.
The next newsletter will be available towards the end of June.
If you know of anybody in need of help – even if it is just to have a phone chat, please let us know and we will try to help. Let’s look out for each other over the coming days.
YOPA have moved to SPARK on Piccadilly – see details in Newsletter.
The following links may be useful during the current situation:
City of York Council Advice